Wembley Downs Uniting Church
- Worship in October (9/26/2017) - 1 October: Terry Quinn
8 October: Revd Marion Millin - Liturgy with Communion
15 October: At Landsdale Farm School, 9.30am. Pastor Karen Sloan
22 October: Revd David Robinson
29 October: Combined service of Wembley Downs Church of Christ and Wembley . . .
- Mowanjum HiAce Project (9/9/2017) - The latest project of the Boab Network has been to buy a second-hand Toyota HiAce Commuter bus for the Pre-primary school at Mowanjum. Thank you to all the donors who made this possible. The bus Gail Cresswell has been driving was in bad repair.
The . . .
- God's Justice on Earth (8/30/2017) - Reading: Matthew 14:13-20
The Feeding of the Five Thousand establishes two divergent solutions to the hunger situation the people faced - then and now.
The solution from the disciples is: `Send the crowds away so that they may go into the villages an . . .
- We Have a Dream Too (2/10/2017) -
We Have a Dream Too
Have you been reading Karen`s blogs??
If not, here`s a little taste of what you`ve been missing:
(The book I`ve been reading this week) is really a gift. It is called The Art of Stillness, Adventures in Going Nowhere by Pic . . . 2016
- Thank You (4/3/2016) - Thank you
to Karen, Marion and Neville . . .
. . . for once again gifting us through the Easter season with services which were so thought-provoking and evocative - with music, imagery, symbols and words.
It has been said before, but we are truly . . .
- All are welcome at my table - A reflection on CPE (3/1/2016) - All are welcome at my table - A reflection on CPE
I have just finished a 10-week CPE course. This when translated is a clinical pastoral education course, or translated again, a chaplaincy course. It entails a lot of reflecting both of myself and ot . . . 2015
- Combined Churches Annual Christmas Service (12/6/2015) - There was a very happy gathering of folk from six local churches here on the evening of Wednesday, 2 December. As hosts, the Worship Committee selected the theme: Jesus Then, Jesus Now - What does the Christmas Story say to us today?
It was clear tha . . .
- Church Camp 2015 - Landsdale Farm School (10/30/2015) - 23-25 October 2015
What a way to spend a spring weekend! The brave ones arrived late Friday afternoon and set themselves up in the cabins, enjoyed a delicious meal and had lots of fun in the evening, while others got there in time for devotions, brea . . .
- Visiting the Kimberley (5/14/2015) - When one goes on a working holiday with others 20 years their junior, beware of energy surges!
A happy bunch of `missionaries` met in Derby, ready to tackle the Mowanjum Kids and fill their holiday time with fun and games. We went well prepared with . . .
- A visit to a different country? (4/27/2015) - WHEN WE LIVED IN BUSSELTON I was still working for RPH, and would commute a few days every fortnight. While it may seem like it was a bit of a drag, it had its positives. Driving on my own for a few hours allowed me time to think and reflect, and to . . .
130 Calais Road, (crnr of Minibah Street)
Wembley Downs, Western Australia.
Phone 08 9245 2882
Ten kilometres northwest of Perth city centre,
set amongst the suburbs of City Beach, Churchlands,
Scarborough, Wembley Downs and Woodlands